Propofol podobno pomaga nawet bardzo

Zaczęty przez niezaslepiony, 10 Luty 2017, 14:35:06

Poprzedni wątek - Następny wątek

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

niezaslepiony

Od paru dni zaczalem czytac o propofolu jest to srodek usypiajacy stosowany podczas operacji i malych zabiegow.
Pacjenci z SLA ktorzy mieli podawane podczas tych zebiegow ten srodek mieli poprawe i objawy choroby sie im cofnely na pewien czas, ale nigdy nie bylo zadnych trialow potwierdzajacych, jedynie opis pacjentow i ich wlasnych doswiadczen i badan.
Znalazlem badania naukowe o dzialaniu tego leku i jego wplywie na organizm i cos jest na rzeczy.
Dziwne jest to, ze nigdy nie slyszalem o tym leku a wy?

Ponizej zalaczam to co znalazlem:

Pozdrawiam

http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs005400050040.pdf

http://pvangels.com/news/1525/affordable-safe-propofol-treatments-for-als-patients-in-puerto-vallarta

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/21678421.2013.826469

http://www.alsforums.com/forum/als-research-news/22130-propofol-reverses-symptoms.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2438270/

Here is some BioChemical evidence of why this molecule/compound might be working on PALS.

Quote:
Note that the existence of defective inhibitory GABA-A alpha-1 receptor in ALS patients is not a hypothesis. It is an actual research finding. The inhibitory glycine alpha-1 receptors are also known to be defective in ALS patients. What really makes this interesting is that those receptors are used for inhibition by both the CNS and the immune system. In other words they are responsible for both hypnosis (sleep) and the suppression of inflammation. This is the reason that Propofol is such a powerful anti-inflammatory substance: it directly activates those specific inhibitory receptors and suppresses the elevated inflammatory response in the brain and spinal cord.

But Propofol appears to be doing much more than that. It seems to be able to restore the receptors to their normal inhibitory function and this reversal of symptoms can last a few weeks if the abnormal inflammation is completely suppressed in an ALS patient, the patient may see a complete remission of symptoms for a longer period, possibly years.

As an aside, why does Propofol reduce ALS-caused inflammation in the brain and spinal cord and not some of the other powerful anti-inflammatory drugs? The answer is that there are many types of inflammation. It all has to do with activating the correct receptors. This is why Propofol works and why the arthritis drugs do not.

I know this explanation might be over your head to understand it but...in terms of layman, this molecule may show some promise on treating the symptoms of MND/ALS.

The experimental and clinical pharmacology of propofol, an anesthetic agent with neuroprotective properties.
Kotani Y, Shimazawa M, Yoshimura S, Iwama T, Hara H.

Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu 502-8585, Japan.

Abstract

Propofol (2,6-diisopropylphenol) is a versatile, short-acting, intravenous (i.v.) sedative-hypnotic agent initially marketed as an anesthetic, and now also widely used for the sedation of patients in the intensive care unit (ICU). At the room temperature propofol is an oil and is insoluble in water. It has a remarkable safety profile. Its most common side effects are dose-dependent hypotension and cardiorespiratory depression. Propofol is a global central nervous system (CNS) depressant. It activates gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA A) receptors directly, inhibits the N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor and modulates calcium influx through slow calcium-ion channels. Furthermore, at doses that do not produce sedation, propofol has an anxiolytic effect. It has also immunomodulatory activity, and may, therefore, diminish the systemic inflammatory response believed to be responsible for organ dysfunction. Propofol has been reported to have neuroprotective effects. It reduces cerebral blood flow and intracranial pressure (ICP), is a potent antioxidant, and has anti-inflammatory properties. Laboratory investigations revealed that it might also protect brain from ischemic injury. Propofol formulations contain either disodium edetate (EDTA) or sodium metabisulfite, which have antibacterial and antifungal properties. EDTA is also a chelator of divalent ions such as calcium, magnesium, and zinc. Recently, EDTA has been reported to exert a neuroprotective effect itself by chelating surplus intracerebral zinc in an ischemia model. This article reviews the neuroprotective effects of propofol and its mechanism of action.

joannamisala

a słyszałeś o Ibudilast leku w 3 fazie badan klicznych w USA a w Japoni lecza tym astme

jerzy51

O propofolu dużo się naczytałem na ALS TDI forum .
To było ponad 2 lata temu. Nawet udało mi się Żonie podać niewielką dawkę , 150mg.
Na więcej anastezjolog się nie zgodzil.
O propofolu już nikt nie pisze na ALS TDI.
Temat umarł, tak jak wiele innych leków , o których co jakiś czas się pisze jako wielka nadzieja
na walkę z ALS , i na pisaniu się kończy. Naukowiec zdobył kolejny tytuł. Opublikował w mądrych
czasopismach medycznych , i to wszystko. Sztuka dla sztuki.
Jerzy

niezaslepiony

Bardzo dziękuję za odpowiedź spróbuję odswieżyć temat na tych forach :) i dam znać pozdrawiam.